"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
-Joseph Smith, 13th Article of Faith

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
-Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Sketchbook, New Pen, New Furture

 Last Saturday I felt like I needed something else to draw in and so I went to the local craft store Porters, and bought this really nice, bound book. The paper is the perfect weight and I just love using it.

The first image I drew was an old aspen tree that was down the street with a Sharpie pen with a chisel tip. It was hard to draw because the wind was blowing and drying out my pen, but I love how it came out. The other image I did the other  day of my classmate. I chamoised the area first then erased out the half tone and then drew in more definition with  my mechanical pencil. It really does look like her, I'm pleased.



This is what my work area looked like when I got home: computer, cantaloupe dinner, water, sketchbook. Got to love it.
Drawn in my new favorite pen. Zebra Sarasa, maroon, size 0.7.
(Original Image, not mine, just found in a Google Search)

No comments:

Post a Comment