"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
-Joseph Smith, 13th Article of Faith

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
-Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Creativity in Food

Today's lunch is brought to you by the letter "M" - for Mexican!


During my morning class, I kept wondering about what to have for lunch, and I remembered a can of black beans in my cupboard. I also have bell peppers that I bought last week, some corn that needed to be eaten, and half a tomato that needed to be used up. So I made Mexican black beans. It turned out really good!~

I've discovered as a college student that it is really hard to cook from a recipe, mostly because I don't have everything in a recipe (I didn't have garlic, lemon juice, or cilantro), so when I want to make something I've never made before like Mexican Black Beans, I just find a recipe, consider what I have, then make something up!
Creativity is key for every artist. Cooking is just a way to practice it and eat delicious food at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment