"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
-Joseph Smith, 13th Article of Faith

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
-Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gouche Test - Barn Owl


This semester I'm taking a Media Experimentation class. So far we have done an photo rendring in oil and a painting in the style of Mark English, but the next assignment is a gouche painting. I've worked with gouche before, but that was very in a very limited setting and without much instruction or understanding of the medium.

Needless to say, I need to practice.

I drew a quick sketch of a barn owl and then layered it with gouche, sticking to a lavender-yellow, warm theme. The paper is just the cut out from a matte board I cut yesterday (black-black core).

Tools: gouche, matte board 5x6in
Time: 35min

No comments:

Post a Comment