"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
-Joseph Smith, 13th Article of Faith

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up."
-Pablo Picasso

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Beginnings of a New Medium

I've only ever played around with watercolor as a child and once in high school more professionally. Finally, this semester, I've been able to take a watercolor class. i am very excited because it is a medium that has always interested me. The painting and reference photo is from an assignment from last weekend, to paint a single object still life. I chose my friend's Scentzy, disassembled it and added a flower and leaf for extra color. My class was very pleased with how it turned it, especially my instructor, so I won't be touching this specific piece, but I plan doing better work than this. I just need more practice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment